To get started with designing your new garden, it's a good idea to take notes of what you really want in the design,
Do you want outdoor living?
Do you have a steep block and need to create level areas?
Is a pool and private gardens your dream?
- Work out what you really want to achieve in your yard, weather its outdoor living or just a simple area for the Kids to play in?
- Gather up any photos or designs of elements you like and show Clay as he will work out a custom plan incorporating all these aspects
- Too much shade: Too much shade is most likely caused by overgrown trees and sometimes placed in the wrong position according to your orientation to the sun.
- This is problem you can remedy by pruning some trees and bushes, or even transplanting to a better position in the yard. Plants like ferns love the shade, so make use of shaded areas with plants that will thrive in these conditions.
- Too much sun: Typical of yards with a western or northerly aspect, if your backyard is sunnier than you’d like, one quick solution is to add man-made features - try an umbrella, gazebo or pergola,or add some mature trees along the problem boundary.
- Too much space: Create boxed garden beds around the perimeter of your yard.You can widen or extend them to suit your individual circumstances.
- Divert attention with a path, central garden bed or water feature.